Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Highlights

Sean's arm finally healed enough by April so that he was able to start work again. He has just a few marks that remind him of his intimate experience of riding a horse and flying through the air. The doctor that did his second surgery was amazed with the amount of mobility that he got back... lots of physical therapy and hard work on Sean's part. Maybe next year he'll decide to take the plates and screws out of his arm. He'll see how uncomfortable it still feels.


We had a great trip to Boise for Marc and Kelsey's Wedding. Matthew had a great time reuniting with his aunts, uncles and cousins. Blake and Matthew definately have a knack for looking for trouble and actually finding it. Hanging out in suits was not their idea of a good time, but they found ways to run around when the adults weren't looking.

This summer we took another trip to Utah, Idaho and Montana. We were there for Sam and Racheal's wedding and spent several days in West Yellowstone. My parents and Sara and Chad and their kids came up to the cabin on Hebgen Lake for a few days. Although the water was cold, it didn't keep Katie and Mason away from getting soaked. We love fun memories from the cabin!

Did I mention that Sean went fishing this year? He was able to catch a little fish during the salmon run. I didn't give it a name. He doesn't like it when I name the things he catches and eats. I think it looks like a Fred.



I'm still working on my cast, but I found that dangling over a bridge works very well for hooking a fish. She was a good catch, just like me! Sean and I enjoyed our date at Letchworth Park. It was a beautiful fall drive and of course we found the fishing pond.


The Falls at Letchworth State Park

Photoless memories...

  • Kirsten taught her first full year as a second grade teacher and was then hired on permanently as a 4th grade teacher!
  • Sean hunted for the first time in New York and killed a deer. He likes the jerky. Kirsten didn't like it hanging in the garage. Sean wouldn't let me name the deer.
  • Matthew started taking piano lessons and is playing the saxophone in school.
  • Sean and Matthew planted our first vegetable garden and grew lots of squash and cucumbers.
  • Kirsten did her fair share of canning and tried her hand at a flower garden. My how marigolds mulitply.
  • Sean remodeled my parent's kitchen.
  • Our bathroom is almost finished...maybe it will be done by the end of the year, which happens to be today. Will I ever get to check this off my to do list?

2 comments:

  1. I had to blow up that first picture to see Sean's scar and it about made me gag. Yuck! That's a lot of stitches.

    I love that you name the fish. That one fish is a definite Fred.

    Can you post some pics of Mom and dad's kitchen? I'd love to see the changes. And a picture of their table too. And the drapes too please:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to end the year and reflect on fun times and accomplishments! Oh, and I vote for Fred, too. :)

    ReplyDelete