Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thank heavens for snow days!

Well, we finally had our big snowfall for the year. Friday, December 19th we were warned that the snow would fall in large, fluffy amounts. I watched it accumulate from my classroom window throughout the day and thought, "It's so pretty." Not realizing that it would be miserable to drive in when school was out. By 4:00, our cars were buried and we had to wait for a plow to come and clear the parking lot. The wind looked like mini tornados whipping the snow into funnels. I eventually got home and there I stayed in our warm house by the fireplace. Incidentally, we LOVE our fireplace. The bad weather continued through the weekend, but as it is well known in Greece, our school district never cancels school.

A very chilly Monday morning came and I awoke as usual. I was greeted by the good news on the morning TV station that sure enough Greece was closed and I was in for my first snow day of the school year. What a blessing 3 days before Christmas. Sorry to my friends that were planning on getting things done that day while their children were in school. This was my early Christmas present to get things done and finished at my house. I'm not so sure that Sean and Matthew appreciated the cleaner house that day, but I know that I was thanking heaven for a snow day!

1 comment:

  1. I always loved snow days and hated that we never had enough! That and we usually found out that school was canceled after we were already awake for seminary. Glad you were able to get some things done. We've gotten a ton of snow here too. We've had a break since Saturday but another big storm is headed our way on Thursday. *sigh* I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete